Monday, March 12, 2012

Planting for a Summer Garden, The Camellia, Thunder Bay, On



It's raining outside, and those of us who are avid Gardeners are starting to get the itch to play in the dirt and plant seeds, and are wondering if the bulbs we planted in the Fall will actually come up..!




However, reality intrudes. Snow still on the ground, piles of paperwork everywhere, cleaning and purging ( again, no-one wants to tackle this). Bills, and , and...you get the picture. I'm sure you have a list of tasks which you should be doing, but don't really want to....





Nothing compares to the smell of Sweet Peas...I started them myself from seeds last Spring.
Back to that nasty list of things I have to do...how to get through it..?
I think of something I really like to do in the Summer..like Gardening, then I think of how terrible it would be if I was stuck indoors doing all the things on my list which I should have tackled earlier on..like now. This spurs me on, amidst much groaning and sighing.




They smell so good...I should just eat them! Goldens will eat almost anything.










The Sunflower seeds really did transform themselves into mammoth, showy large masterpieces.





Who can resist the blue of Morning Glories?





And Pansies.... brilliant colours. My favourite!!





Red Amaranthus.



Leave a comment below and tell us how you cope with the list of never-ending disagreeable tasks....


Visit Camellia's for Inspiration and a BREATH OF SPRING!!

Open Wed. 11-5, Thurs. Noon-5. Fri. 11-5. Sat. 11-5. Sun. Noon -4.
Hours are subject to change.

30 Hacquoil Rd. Oliver Paipoonge ( just outside Thunder Bay)
p-807)475-3551



No comments:

Post a Comment