It's January in Northwestern Ontario, it's a beautiful sunny, but extremely cold day. We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and it's pretty, but it's not the Caribbean. You go out walking every day, bundled up like a Polar bear.
Some of us want to go to the BEACH!!
And sit by the Pool. And be on Holiday.
GREEN. We crave Green. How about You?
However, Life gets in the way. work gets in the way, and you can't go on Holiday for a Tropical vacay. Here are some ways to make January fly by.
- sew up those patio cushions which you bought fabric for, FIVE years ago. See that fabric bolt in the above photo, with the green piping? Thank goodness blues and aquas never go out of style.
- put on your island T-shirt, mix yourself a crazy Coconut drink. sit by the fire. Play loud beach reggae. ( We sell these Jamaica T's at The Camellia).
- get a plant buddy...like this miniature Palm which we sell at The Camellia. something green.
- read your Travel books.
- get some of your Summer travel photos printed, make an Album. use up some of those scrapbooking supplies you bought ten years ago. Do people scrapbook anymore??
- Paint something with Cottage Paint, in bright, Tropical colours. A Beach sign.
- Wrap yourself in your bright blue throw which you picked up in Mexico.
- visit the Weather Network, and check the temperatures in Barbados, Playa del Carmen, Antigua, and Florida. sigh.....
- If all of the above fails, drive to the nearest airport, and head south!
Cottage Paint has lovely bright colours , and also pale, subdued colours in its palette. Did you know colour makes you feel happy? What are your Happy colours?
Stop in and see us at #TheCamellia, at 30, Hacquoil Rd.
See you at the Spring Home and Garden Show 2020, at the C.L.E. Add this Event to your Calendar.